Monday, August 24, 2009

Local Restaurant: Bird Dog BBQ

Hopefully, most of you are already aware of this AMAZING restaurant. Just in case someone out there has never tried it, I thought I'd do my best to spread the word! Bird Dog BBQ has two locations: one in the King Soopers shopping center on Stetson Hills and Powers, and another in the Shops at Briargate. Nick and I go here occasionally, but it's been a while, so I was surprised to see the stickers on their door celebrating their title as "Best BBQ Colorado Springs" in 2007, 2008, and 2009 (awarded by the readers of The Gazette).

I'm not a huge BBQ fan, in general -- usually every item on the plate is slathered in the same super-sweet sauce -- but I will never tire of Bird Dog. I stopped by to pick up lunch for my in-laws who were visiting today, and I ordered just the simple pork BBQ sandwich ($4.45). I love how they serve the BBQ sauce on the side, so you can determine how much to add and whether you want mild or spicy. Of course, you can't beat their BBQ beans, coleslaw, texas toast, and other sides (although I've never tried the fried okra). Nick always orders their "Doghouse" meal ($8.25), which sounds a bit ridiculous: an open-faced sandwich featuring brisket or pork and hot link polish sausage covered in beans and cheese. Yum!

Oh, and they also offer catering!

No comments:

Post a Comment