Thursday, September 9, 2010

Hi Friends!

I have been neglecting this blog for a while now. I know all of my readers are absolutely heartbroken. Both of them!

I thought I would at least put a quick update out there (even without pictures) so that no one thinks I've dropped off the face of the planet :).

  • My garden is a JUNGLE. There is a huge orb-weaver spider hanging out right at the entrance. He's been there for a few weeks now and he really freaks me out, so I am terrified of walking past him to work in the garden (even though I'm told they're harmless). Even though the weeds are thriving, I haven't had to buy much produce lately thanks to ample harvests of zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, green beans, and basil. My purple bell peppers are really cute (only about 2 inches tall) and will hopefully be ready to eat soon. I never harvested my broccoli (Liam's pediatrician said the broccoli in my diet made him gassy) and it grew some pretty yellow flowers. All-in-all, I would consider this year's garden my most successful yet!
  • Liam is growing like a little weed. He will be twelve weeks old tomorrow. He smiles and coos and is the sweetest baby ever. He tends to get fussy in the late afternoon, but I think that's pretty typical. Last night he slept from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. without waking once! I love me a full night's sleep.
  • My little business venture is going great! It's been really fun to get back into sales and marketing, especially because I am working for myself from home. I've always felt that it's important to support local businesses, and I'm already starting to feel more connected to my community as I discover tons of little mom 'n pop shops and restaurants. Check it out at www.coloradospringsgiveaways.com if you haven't yet!
I hope you are all doing well! Pictures of the kiddos coming soon, I promise :)

1 comment:

  1. I have one of those spiders too! A black and yellow one right in the mist of a ton of ripe tomatoes that I am not desperate enough to pick if it means putting my hand down and around that thing!!! It's in a tricky spot to smash (down in the bushes!) and if I try and she gets away.... well that would just be the end of the garden season!

    ReplyDelete