Saturday, September 5, 2009

Colorado Balloon Classic

We were out of the house by 6:15 a.m. this morning (a Saturday!) to visit the Colorado Balloon Classic for the first time. This is the largest hot air balloon festival in Colorado, taking place every Labor Day weekend at Memorial Park.

Baby was a little bit tired; very sweet, but very quiet. We packed chocolate zucchini muffins for breakfast, which seemed to cheer her up a bit.


Unfortunately, the weather was a bit foggy and they decided not to launch the balloons this morning. Usually, they do a mass ascension at 7 a.m., but today they just filled them with air and kept them tethered to the ground.

Mmmmmmmm....pork chop on a stick...at 7 a.m...

There's that smile!


2 comments:

  1. Bummer about the no launch, but it looks like you guys had fun. I never heard about this. By the way, your gardening is amazing, when we do get a house I will use you as my gardening guru.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like so much fun :) I love that baby was so sedate :) I love your pictures of her.
    And I also enjoyed the pork chop on a stick...Nick was probably tempted!

    ReplyDelete